At COSMEDIX, we believe our aestheticians deserve to be recognized, which is why, five years ago, we created a day just for them—National Aesthetician Day (OCT. 15). What started as a one-day holiday quickly transformed into National Aesthetician Month, where, since 2016, we’ve rolled out the red carpet all October long in celebration of all the skincare professionals who’ve helped us care for our complexions.
For NAM’s 5th anniversary, we’re showcasing some of the spas and professionals who have inspired our brand. This week, we’re highlighting Terrelle Harper, Aesthetician, Makeup Artist and Owner of Terrelle’s Spa & Wellness located in peachy Atlanta, Georgia.
Beginning her career as a Makeup Artist in 2011 among the bustling Atlanta film scene, Terrelle Harper has always had an affinity for bringing out the natural beauty of her clients. This passion led her to the world of skincare, where today, Terrelle specializes in treating those with acne-prone skin and hyperpigmentation as aesthetician and owner of Terrelle’s Spa & Wellness. Not only does Terrelle provide high-end, luxurious beauty services for her clientele, but she also takes a special joy in education, with a skincare philosophy that focuses on how to help properly cleanse and rejuvenate the look of skin for a more radiant-looking complexion.
We’re so happy that our COSMEDIX skincare products have helped Terrelle treat her clients’ complexions. Let’s take a look at some of Terrelle’s favorite COSMEDIX products that help promote healthier-looking skin.
1. Peptide-Rich Defense | Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen
Terrelle’s Take: “Peptide Rich Defense is my favorite lightweight year-round SPF 50 moisturizer that deeply hydrates the skin, leaving an amazing dewy glow, along with providing protection from environmental stressors.”
What it is: This bestselling SPF moisturizer and sunscreen intensely hydrates the skin with a lightweight, fast-absorbing formula that helps smooth the look of fine lines and wrinkles and protect skin from environmental stressors for a firmer-looking, age-defying complexion.
- Helps protect the skin with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen
- Helps smooth the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- Deeply hydrates, soothes and conditions the complexion
- Helps protect skin from environmental stressors
2. Purity Solution | Nourishing Deep Cleansing Oil
Terrelle’s Take: “Purity Solution is an amazing first step cleanse for makeup wearers. It’s also great for aging skin, as it will not strip the skin of its natural oils but, instead, add hydration.”
What it is: This two-in-one makeup remover and cleanser helps gently melt away dirt, oil, makeup and other daily impurities with a nutrient-rich blend of radiance-boosting oils, including Olive, Moringa, Kukui, Safflower, Sesame and Argan, for a softer, healthier-looking complexion.
- Helps remove makeup and impurities without stripping skin of natural moisture
- Helps to purify skin for a smoother-looking complexion
- Aids in conditioning the complexion with radiance-boosting vitamins
3. Simply Brilliant | 24/7 Brightening Serum
Terrelle’s Take: “Simply Brilliant is a highly recommended brightening serum within my practice. It’s excellent for hyperpigmentation and creating a vibrant glow for the skin. I often combine Simply Brilliant with other serums within the COSMEDIX brand to increase overall results.”
What it is: This multitasking serum gently exfoliates skin with Lactic Acid and Salicylic Acid to help improve the look of dull, discolored and uneven skin tone with deeply conditioning, skin-brightening ingredients that help create a more vibrant-looking complexion.
- Gently exfoliates to help improve the look of skin tone and texture
- Helps brighten skin for a more radiant-looking complexion
- Aids in protection from environmental stressors
4. Cell ID | Nutritive Defense Serum
Terrelle’s Take: “Specializing in acne and hyperpigmentation, Cell ID, combined with CPR, is my number one post care serum, used after chemical peels and aggressive treatments.”
What it is: This skin-loving serum encourages a healthier-looking complexion by helping to rejuvenate and smooth the look of fine lines and wrinkles with a powerful blend of age-defying peptides, Japanese Orchid Stem Cell Extract and African Mahogany Tree Bark Extract.
- Helps support the skin’s protective barrier to lock-in long-lasting moisture
- Helps clarify the look of pores and uneven texture for an overall smoother-looking appearance
- Helps improve the look of deep wrinkles and hyperpigmentation
- Encourages a healthier-looking complexion